Friday 31 July 2009

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green.
When I am King, dilly dilly,
You shall be Queen.

I've had some fun making a few little lavender bags. Once again, I've been able to make them from things already in my 'stash'. Old lace, ribbon and mother-of-pearl buttons are always to hand in my workroom and a little while ago I bought some reversible dots/checks heavy weave cotton-linen mix fabric from a seller on Etsy. I love the oatmeal shade of the plain linen and seem to be using it a lot lately! It's so soft to feel.

The English lavender came from Long Barn lavender farm in Hampshire. I'm (deliberately) spilling a lot on the workroom floor when I fill the sachets and the aroma is almost overwhelming - I'm in danger of keeling over if I breathe in too deeply! Fortunately the Test Match cricket against Australia is exciting enough to keep me conscious!

4 comments:

Uta said...

Sniff...I can smell the lavender from here.

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty, Chrissie. I love lavender too, though I used to associate it solely with the houses of maiden aunts! Must be an age thing?!
Anne

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

So very beautiful and elegant - perfect for any lady!

Unknown said...

I remember having to learn that song for my piano lessons when I was a child! Thank you for bringing a sweet tune back to my memory! (Pretty bags and lovely blog, too, btw!)