Monday 22 June 2009

Romantic bridge .... and a narrow escape!



This time next week, with luck*, we'll be staying just ten minutes away from this romantic bridge. It's the Pont Valentre over the river Lot at Cahors in south west France. We love this region and invariably stray back there when it's time to think of summer hols. A fortnight of reading, swimming, visiting the street markets, sampling the local wine, gorging on the sweetest melons and white peaches, playing Scrabble, jaunts into the local countryside. Can't wait!

* I say 'with luck' because I discovered on Saturday that my passport would expire on Sunday. How could I be such a twit?! So, armed with a photo that makes me look like a wild-eyed axe-murderer, I'm off to the Passport Office tomorrow to pay a huge amount of money for a same-day renewal. At least I didn't discover my omission as we sat in the queue for the Channel Tunnel.

2 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Chrissie, I am truly envious, I would love to visit the south of France. I wish you a wonderful relaxing vacation. Hugs Judy

Uta said...

I'm so envious. Going to France is a dream of mine and south of France all the better. Hope you have a great time. I'm looking forward to the photos :)