Sunday 19 July 2009

Bag for a Baguette

I fell in love with a craft book, published in Japan, called My Handmade Bag which I bought from an Etsy shopped called a little goodness (sadly no longer open). The instructions are all in Japanese, which can be a bit of a challenge, but there are good line drawings. If you study them carefully and have some sewing experience, you can just about get the hang of it.

One picture which particularly took my fancy was the baguette bag. I happened to have some thrifted calico, an unused teatowel and some webbing, so I rustled one up for our holiday in France. I kind of guessed the length of the bread that we usually buy for lunch, and lo and behold, it was inch perfect! It was in use daily and was was really useful keeping the crumbs off the back seat of the car on the way home from the boulangerie!

Seeing them pictured side-by-side, mine's looking a bit too neat, isn't it - I'll have to wash it and fail to iron it (which will be no hardship ..... haha)


No comments: