Friday 17 July 2009

Clasheen's Summer Swap


Nicola from Clasheen (an inspirational feltmaker) is such an industrious lady, but still had time to organise a summer swap, which she invited me to participate in. My swap partner was the so-talented Jess from SmitoniusandSonata (I love that name!).

Well, what a lucky lucky girl I am! The postman brought the parcel yesterday and there was an undignified, unseemly and impatient few seconds when I ripped open the big padded envelope to disgorge the delightful contents. Jess sent me two gorgeous pieces of beaded jewellery, with her signature vintage button closer - how I love mother-of-pearl .... I'm a buttonaholic (did I ever mention that before ...?) and there was a great big bag of old buttons to croon over, oh such pretties! Can you see the fab Moleskine in the photos with the cheeky chook on the back? Isn't it great - and it stands a chance of turning me into someone organised! I'm nearly swooning at the memory of opening the parcel of paper 'scraps' - loads and loads of colourful flowers and birds, some charming vintage greetings cards, a quirky photo, some pages from an old Swedish book and lovely line drawings of historical costumes. So much inspiration there.

What a treat - thank you for your generosity Jess!

No comments: