Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thank You

Wednesday 25 February 2009

First of all, I must say a big 'Thank You' to everyone who has stuck with me during the past couple of weeks when there's hardly been any reason for you to visit my threadbare blog.

I've been unwilling hostess to a virus, which has kept me coughing all day and all night - and anyone who knows me will understand that this lady does not have her sleep interrupted. Not for nobody. Not without somebody pays.

But today I feel I'm on the mend, and I thought that some light duties might not tax my energies too much. Something like a little gentle pressing of the camera shutter button.

So I've taken some photos of the work-in-progress felt vessel that I'm putting together. It's made up of a cylindrical core with three separate wet-felted pieces loosely depicting a geological theme. I'm hoping to get it sewn together soon, as it's destined for an exhibition at our county Women's Institute HQ in a week's time. I suppose I could pull myself together and thread a needle and do some stitching - nothing too strenuous though - it's early days!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

Thanks for sharing the work in progress - I very much like to see how things come together, especially for art that I do not create. It is all a fabulous mystery!

And second, I am super glad you are feeling better. I am still working through this dreadful virus, although I think I am somewhat on the mend as well, thank heavens!

Feel better, sleep well! Hugs.

Chrissie said...

K - Thank you for struggling in from your sick bed - do get well soon! Big hugs back to you and .... down with bugs!!